- Home /
Our Policies will be updated from time-to-time. Please refer back regularly to keep yourself up-to-date.
Your Privacy Rights
Under the Privacy Laws, Nuevo is required to collect, use and disclose personal information only by lawful and fair means. To ensure this accountability, we have developed this policy, and trained our staff about our policies and practices.
What is “Personal Information?”
Personal information is any information that identifies you, or by which your identity could be deduced.
Why Do We Collect Personal Information From You?
We collect personal information from you to:
- create a unique profile within the Website in order to provide relevant and targeted offers to you;
- create your user account;
- fulfill orders placed by you through the Website and to otherwise administer the sale of Nuevo’s products to you;
- manage returns and warranty claims;
- better understand our Website’s analytics, to improve Website performance and user experience.
- send you information about Nuevo’s products.
When Will We Collect Personal Information From You?
We will collect information that you provide to us in connection with your use of the Website when you (a) register as a user of the Website; (b) make changes to your user profile information; (c) complete offers or surveys through the Website; and (d) send email messages, queries, or other information to us through the Website.
Wherever possible we collect personal information directly from you, but we may also obtain information about you from other sources: for example if you post content on other third party social media sites about our products, subject to the posted policies of those third party social media sites, we may, with your permission, collect that content and post it on our Website.
On our Website, like most other commercial websites, we may monitor traffic patterns, site usage and related site information in order to optimise our web service. We may provide aggregated information to third parties, but these statistics do not include any identifiable personal information.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We do not disclose personal information to any third party to enable them to market their products and services.
Under certain circumstances, Nuevo will disclose your personal information:
- when you have consented to the disclosure;
- when we are required our authorized by law to do so, for example if a court issues a subpoena;
- when the services we are providing to you require us to give your information to a third party your consent will be implied, unless you tell us otherwise;
- where it is necessary to establish or collect amounts owed to us;
- in connection with a merger or sale involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control.
Transfer to Service Providers
In addition to the disclosures listed above, we transfer information to our service providers for processing and/or storage. We require that our service providers use reasonable safeguards to protection personal information under their control from loss, theft and unauthorized modification and disclosure. Our service providers are only permitted to use your personal information in order to provide services to us in relation to the Website; for example, the following types of information are provided to our service providers for processing and/or storage:
- Information automatically collected through the Website: The information automatically collected about you that is provided to our service providers may include, but is not limited to, device ID, device type, browser type and version, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from our Website, ad data, IP address and standard web log information.
- Cookies and Web Beacons: Information about your use of the Website, as evidenced through cookies, locally stored objects, and web beacons may be disclosed to our service providers. Cookies are small bits of information that are transferred to and stored in separate files within your computer or phone’s browser. A cookie may remain on your computer or phone after the session finishes (until the cookie expires or is deleted by you).
Service Providers Outside of Canada
Occasionally we do use service providers located outside of Canada to process and/or store personal information for us. Please note that personal information in the custody of these service providers may be subject to access by the law enforcement authorities of those jurisdictions in which the service providers are located.
Our Privacy Officer, whose contact information is provided below, can provide further information about our policies and practices regarding service providers located outside of Canada and further information about how these service providers, collect, use, disclose or store personal information on Nuevo’s behalf.
Effect of Consent and Withdrawal of Consent
You are free to withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information at any time. However, if you choose to do so, the Website may not provide a personalized experience for you and you will not be able to place orders for our products.
Updating Your Information
Since we use your personal information to provide our products to you, it is important that the information be accurate and up-to-date.
If any of your information changes, please inform us so that we can make any necessary changes.
Is My Personal Information Secure?
While no information security system is failsafe, Nuevo takes all reasonable precautions designed to ensure that your personal information is kept safe from loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Among the steps taken to protect your information are:
- premises security;
- restricted file access to personal information;
- deploying technological safeguards such as security software and firewalls to prevent hacking or unauthorized computer access; and
- internal password and security policies.
- Use of accredited 3rd party service providers that provide secure services
Access to Your Personal Information
You may ask for access to any personal information we hold about you.
Summary information is available on request. More detailed requests that require archive or other retrieval costs may be subject to our normal administrative fees.
If Nuevo holds information about you and if you can establish that it is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, Nuevo will take reasonable steps to correct it.
Can I Be Denied Access to My Personal Information?
Your rights to access your personal information are not absolute.
We may deny access when:
- denial of access is required or authorized by law;
- when granting you access would have an unreasonable impact on other people’s privacy, unless the requested information is severable from the personal information of other people; and
- to protect Nuevo’s confidential commercial information.
If we deny your request for access to, or refuse a request to correct information, we shall explain why.
How Long Do You Keep my Personal Information?
We keep your personal information as long as is reasonably necessary for us to complete our dealings with you, or as may be required by law, whichever is longer. Tax compliance requires 7 Years for accounts with transaction history.
Communicating With Us
You should be aware that email is not a 100% secure medium, and you should be aware of this when contacting us to send personal or confidential information.
Request for Access
If you have any questions, or wish to access your personal information, please write to our Privacy Officer at: email@example.com
If you apply to Nuevo for a job, we need to consider your personal information, as part of our review process. We normally retain information from candidates after a decision has been made, unless you ask us not to retain the information. If we offer you a job, which you accept, the information will be retained with our privacy procedures for employee records.
Third Party Site Links
The parties have requested that this policy and all communications and documents relating hereto be expressed in the English language. Les parties ont exigé que cette politique ainsi que tous documents s'y rattachant soient rédigées dans la langue anglaise.